Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Wake-Up Call


There is nothing like waking to a laughing, smiling little face, even when that cherubic face just blew away a completed book idea like a tornado through a cornfield. I mean the whole story from beginning to end. I didn't even have time to roll over and grab pen and paper before ~poof~ everything vanished, as if it never existed.

Of course, seeing the smiling face is worth the wake-up call, but it's certainly frustrating knowing the story that was just within your grasp is now floating around the edges of your mind taunting you. “Here I am, but you can’t have me...yet.”

Will the story return in my dreams tonight? Who knows. Will bits and pieces come back to me as I start to write the story? I sure hope so. 

Has this or anything similar ever happened to you?  If so, what do you do? Do you move to another project or spend time trying to remember what you lost?

Feel free to leave your answers in the comment section. The readers and I would love to hear how you handle something like this.

Thanks for stopping by, and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment